Coming, Presence, Arrival
11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this
same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like
manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
12) Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is
from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.
1) Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst
2) For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be
taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall
go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from
3) Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he
fought in the day of battle.
4) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before
Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst
thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great
valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it
toward the south.
A. The Anticipation
B. The Expectations
II. The Purpose
A. To complete salvation
28) So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them
that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto
B. To glorify believers
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with
him in glory.
C. To judge the world
32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate
them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the
33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the
34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye
blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the
foundation of the world:
41) Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me,
ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye
gave me no drink:
43) I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me
not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
D. To reign as King
15) And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in
heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms
of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
III. The Patience
A. The Saints
7) Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the
husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long
patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
8) Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord
B. The Scoffers
2 Peter 3:3,4
3) Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking
after their own lusts,
4) And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell
asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the
Advent – This week we anticipate,
next week we celebrate.