The Church in Elk Rapia
14) For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15) For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16) For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17) Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18) Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Pre; Mid (Pre Wrath); Post Tribulation - rapture of the Church
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Historical Grammatical Interpretation - literal sense of the author
2) Categories of the remaining vs. 13b
3) Certainty of the remaining vs. 14, 15
4) Chronology of all vs. 16, 17
A) The Lord
B) The Sleeping
C) The Remaining
5) Comfort of the Remaining vs. 18
It's all About