The Church in Elk Rapia
Caring for Converts
8) So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.
9) For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God.
10) Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:
11) As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children,
12) That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.
1. We are gentle vs. 7
2. We are loving vs. 8
3. We are selfless vs. 9
B) The paternal teaching vs. 10-12
1. By our example vs.10
- Holily -
- Justly -
- Unblameably -
- Exhorting -
- Comforting -
- Charging -
Caring is not solely maternal or
paternal, but familial.