The Church at elk Rapia
Real or Fake News
2) But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak unto you the gospel of God with much contention.
3) For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:
4) But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.
5) For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness; God is witness:
6) Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ.
A) Visibility of results... vs.1
B) Fidelity in spite of hardship... vs. 2
- Philippi - Acts 16:19-24
into the marketplace unto the rulers,
20) And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city,
21) And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans.
22) And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded
to beat them.
23) And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them
24) Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.
2. Thessalonica - Acts 17:5-7
5) But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and
gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring
them out to the people.
6) And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These
that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;
7) Whom Jason hath received: and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another
king, one Jesus.
C) Loyalty to God's Truth... vs.3
- Deceit = error
- Guile = deception
- Allowed = approved
- In trust = entrusted
- No Flattery
- No Greed
- No Glory
- No Burdens
The real life of the godly will silence
the fake news of the godless